[OT] Possible Gig for the Web-oriented?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jun 28 11:38:18 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I happened across this,and thought someone on the List might care to
pursue this for $ or aid to a "humanitarian" cause:

Reply to:
<mailto:gigs-175636793 at craigslist.org?subject=database%20help!>gigs-175636793 at craigslist.org
Date: 2006-06-26, 11:23AM PDT

i have a website that is connected to a spec TV show. the website has
a database with travel info, but no app to access the data. my
website designer has moved away. i need someone to write a simple
(craigslist style) app so people can see the freaking data. man. i
dont know s*it about web design, im stuck here. In fact the website
is a database for international volunteerism and humanitarian aid, so
your work would be helping the greater good. were all volunteers
here, looking to make advertising dollars eventually.

MORE INFO. currently we have been playing with a wiki for the
website. i like it, but i have to manually take the data from the
database and enter it into the wiki (serious time). we get data by
soliciting to volunteer organizations, they enter the data into a web
form, it goes into the database.

WHAT I NEED. either an app to access/show the data or some way to
have the data automatically format into a new wiki page.

HELP! Look im in great need. the TV show is premiering in a month, i
need the site running for marketing.

    * this is in or around Bay Area
    * no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other
commercial interests
    * Compensation: bringing a once-was ambitious project back to
life. we can talk about partnership. hey, its volunteering.

175636793

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company