Revolution Media Presentation Viewable on Web?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 27 18:53:12 EDT 2006

GregSmith wrote:

> And all of the linkages are already in place through AJAX for the major
> browsers so that nothing would need to be downloaded to be viewed and
> experienced?

I think the best answer here would be "depends". :)

"All" is a pretty big word, and as I mentioned earlier JavaScript/DHTML
is only really suited for a subset of all the things Rev can do.

But on the upside, anything that truly benefits from being in a browser
probably represents a pretty narrow subset of Rev's capabilities anyway.

So in brief, if ToolBook could do this almost a decade ago I see no
reason why Rev couldn't also:

1. Identify a subset of things that would be useful in a browser.

2. Make a Rev library with handlers to support those tasks.

3. Make a JavaScript library with corresponding handlers to get
    those behaviors in a browser.

4. Author in Rev, have a library generate the objects as DHTML
    snippets in a web page, reference the JavaScript lib,
    and upload.

5. Give the URL to your friends and enjoy. :)

Oh, and I forgot Step 0 (before 1):

0. Get some of the open source advocates here to do #1, 2, and 3.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal