paste into field does not trigger closefield

Martin Baxter mb.ur at harbourhosting.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 08:17:43 EDT 2006

kee nethery wrote:
> If I type data into a field, when I leave the field it gets a closefield
> message and I have a handler for that.
>
> When I paste text into a field and leave the field without typing
> anything, the field does not get a closefield message and my handler
> never gets called.
>
> Watching the message watcher doesn't present any obvious solution for
> what to use to catch the paste into a text field. Do I have to write a
> handler that traps a set of keystrokes (command V) and then sends the
> field a closefield event?
>
> What does everyone else do?

I've never encountered the issue.

I don't have a Mac handy to try it on right now, but I just tested it on
this windows machine and I don't see this problem in either RR 2.1.2 or
2.7.2

I wonder what that indicates? If it makes a difference, my pastes always
go through my own script, which issues the paste command, and the
clipboard is always plain text.

Martin Baxter