Rev & Robotics

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 07:18:43 EDT 2006

On 27 Jun 2006, at 03:40, Marty Knapp wrote:

> I just had a friend talk to me about software that could be used
> for robotics. I seem to remember some mention of Revolution being
> used by somebody here for this. Any help and resources would be great.

If you are using OS X it would probably be worth looking at <http://
www.bkohg.com/serviceusbplus_e.html> as they actually offer a Rev
external for controlling their breakout box. There are also several
people on the list who have done stuff with serial port connections.

Personally, I'm waiting for my Lego Mindstorms NXT set to turn up.
You can communicate with it via Bluetooth, so it may be possible to
hack up communication via a virtual serial port.

<http://www.bnxt.com/blog/2006/02/how-to-use-your-phone-as-nxt-
remote.html>

Ian