paste into field does not trigger closefield

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Tue Jun 27 06:37:00 EDT 2006

If I type data into a field, when I leave the field it gets a
closefield message and I have a handler for that.

When I paste text into a field and leave the field without typing
anything, the field does not get a closefield message and my handler
never gets called.

Watching the message watcher doesn't present any obvious solution for
what to use to catch the paste into a text field. Do I have to write
a handler that traps a set of keystrokes (command V) and then sends
the field a closefield event?

What does everyone else do?

Kee Nethery