Slightly OT : forums

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Jun 26 17:40:34 EDT 2006

Here are some sample resources I put up:

1. Wordpress with the awesome K2 theme:

http://revcoders.org/this-is-the-awesome-k2-theme-for-wordpress/

This is a simple, elegant, yet powerful system.

Benefits:

     * could be a wiki, with shared pages, edited by all
     * each developer can have their own blog
     * news
     * FAQs
     * can be extensively customized
     * AJAX powered fast search
     * fast commenting and replying
     * developer pages
     * uploaded files
     * custom fields

To log in as an admin and check out the admin interface, click here:
http://revcoders.org/wp-login.php

user = admin
password = admin

Click “Write” and you’re off and running!

Please add a comment to this page to try it out and let everyone know
what you think.

2. A true Wiki:

http://www.revcoders.org/docuwiki/doku.php?id=start

Even though I prefer Wordpress as a wiki, this does have versioning
as an advantage- you can see who changed what and when, and revert...

I also installed Vanilla forums:

http://revcoders.org/vanilla/categories.php

and Simple Machines forums:

http://revcoders.org/smf