QT jerkiness

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 26 12:24:43 EDT 2006

On Jun 24, 2006, at 6:37 PM, Stgoldberg at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks Trevor,
> Your suggestion immediately corrected the problem of jerkiness to QTVR
> motion.   The only small change I needed to make in the script is
> to use "idleRate"
> rather than "QTidleRate" since rev 2.7.1, which I am using, does
> not appear to
> have a global property for "QTidleRate" and gives an error message
> when that
> form is used. Is "QTidleRate" perhaps found in 2.7.2?   Thanks very
> much.
> Steve Goldberg

The engine change log for 2.7.1 says that qtIdleRate was added as a
new feature in that release:

the qtIdleRate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can set the global 'qtIdleRate' property to specify how
frequently to idle QT movies. Use this in conjunction with the global
'idleRate' to control updates of QT movies.

Revolution uses the following heuristics to determine how frequently
to idle QT players:

If the version of QT < 6 then it idles at the qtidlerate at all times.
If the version of QT >=6 then:
   a) If no players are playing and none of the visible players have
interactive movies assigned they are idled at the idleRate
   b) If no players are playing, but one of more of the visible
players are interactive then they are idled at the qtIdleRate
   c) If players are playing then they are idled at the qtIdleRate

Interactive movies are ones such as QTVR and Flash that do not need
to be 'playing' in order to require updates.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com