U3 apps and rev

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Jun 26 01:24:32 EDT 2006

Hi Stephen,

> It just irks me that an add-on product promoted heavily by
> Rev is offered in Windoze support but not Mac. The fact there
> is no set date for any Mac support, leads me to believe it
> will never happen. The presentation at Revcon did not
> convince me U3 cared a fig about Mac OSX.

U3 has a platform to promote and Windows totally dominates the desktop
market, so it makes sense to make the investment there first. They havent
said anything about not supporting Linux and the Mac in the future and they
havent indicated a lack of willingness to do so in the future.

> The lack of platform symmetry in any add-on endorsed by Rev
> is disturbing to me -- seems like a slippery slope.

I'm not following you here - add-on's as in IDE add-on's?

> Why can't Mac developers have "an opportunity to
> differentiate your product this way and make it visible to
> those who purchase and utilize features of U3?"

They might - but the Mac platform for these devices is pretty small at this
point. If they secure a strong position in the Windows market, it makes it a
lot easier to port to Linux and Mac.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations