U3 apps and rev

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Mon Jun 26 01:07:06 EDT 2006

Phil,

I too love the tech stuff and thats why the U3 had piqued my
curiosity since i was buying a new flash drive the week before the
newsletter came and had noticed the U3 flashdrives for the first time
(they were a 25% premium for the same drive though) and i had gone
through there web site and was tring to figure out the benefits of
their system (there site is not too direct).

i use to hate to rain on the tech parades at my old company, but it
was always my rear on the line to design products that worked on a
budget so always had to make sure the fanny didn't get singed!  funny
thing was it was always the marketing folks that got all giddy with
the marketing speak, but it was the business stuff behind the market
speak which usually sunk things. that and the want to add features
like video compression to add more video to cds (at the time it was
not larger size or faster videos, but just more time) w/o realizing
what the cost of the added video would do to the budget when they
were already screaming at the costs of the videos!

just struck me curious that the first peep about U3 came via the
newsletter and not from the list, but i guess it was under beta nda.
seems the U3 revcon presentation was taken with a grain of salt also...

cheers

jeff

On Jun 25, 2006, at 10:41 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com