OT: Win virtualization with Parallels?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 19:02:00 EDT 2006

On 6/25/06, Phil Davis <davis.phil at comcast.net> wrote:
> I noticed at Revcon that one or more presenters used Parallels
> (virtualization product) to show Windows stuff on an Intel Mac. Can
> anyone comment on how well Parallels works, or if there's a better way
> to go? I'm thinking of taking the plunge but wanted to 'consult my
> sources' first.

Hi Phil,

In our household, the only use for PCs is running games, so we have
installed Bootcamp on my 20" Intel iMac. It was easy to set up and
runs really fast with great graphics.

>From what I have read, Parallels is good because it doesn't require a
restart to switch OS, but it doesn't have the performance for gaming.
So I guess it just depends on what you want to do in Windows.

HTH,
Sarah