teleprompter application- reverse text, smooth scrolling?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 22:39:07 EDT 2006

Does any of this work for your app?

put the formattedheight of fld operatorText into gigantic
set the height of fld operatorText to gigantic
--full height
---->fld  operatorText border = 0, opaque = false
--mask fld top, bottom

put 100 into origTop
set the top of fld operatorText  to origTop

put 22 into scrollIncrm  --your pixelage may vary
repeat forever
   get the vscroll of fld operatorText
   if the optionKey is down then
      set the top of fld operatorText to it - scrollIncrm
   else
       set the top of fld operatorText to it + scrollIncrm
   end if

  wait 20 milliseconds --adjust to taste

   if the shiftkey is down then wait 200 milliseconds --s l o w
   if the shiftKey is down and the optionkey is down then
      set the top of fld operatorText to origTop
   end if
   if the top of fld operatorText  < (origTop - gigantic) then
       benediction
       exit repeat
   end if
end repeat