Reordering lists with drag n' drop

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 13:51:50 EDT 2006

On 6/19/06 10:23 AM, "Dan Shafer" <revolutionary.dan at gmail.com> wrote:

> In one of the products I built, I use dragShield, which Jan Schenkel wrote
> some time ago. It doesn't appear to be in RevOnline any longer but an email
> to jan.schenkel at quartum.com might uncover it once he returns to Belgium from
> Monterey.
>
> I found it easy to implement and it's 100% reliable.

I implemented a 5 column version of Get In Line (Scott Rossi, Tactile
Media).  It did require some intricate scripting and advanced understanding
of messages, objects, and other concepts, so this would not be something I
would recommend to a beginner or someone who is not pretty far along the
path to expert user.

The interface is very good, that is what I wanted, so the complex solution
was my choice.

I am sure that Dan's recommendation of dragShield is the better first-choice
for the drag-drop list management you would like.

--- scheme --
My goal was to have column 1 be a list of all email addresses (shared field
thus same for all cards), then each column to the right would be an email
group (Admin, user,cc, acctg) and this would allow different lists on each
card (fields as don't share).  Drag email address outside the field to
delete; move or copy between lists.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas