Just after Start-up Sluggishness

Tom Cole tom.cole at asu.edu
Sun Jun 18 19:24:40 EDT 2006

Here's one that I hope people will have ideas on. It's bugging me. I
have a stack and when it opens, you click a button to play the game. On
my XP machine at work, after clicking that button, the program waits
something like five seconds before anything happens. Very unresponsive.
Afterwards, everything screams along at full speed.

I remember in HyperCard sluggishness like this could be cured by
compacting the stack or by showing all cards.

I'd love to get rid of this because when people first try the software,
it hangs up a bit, and that isn't a very good way to introduce itself.
Perhaps something in the preopenstack scritping?

Thanks

Tom