need help with strings

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Jun 18 02:26:34 EDT 2006

Jared,

I hear where you're coming from with the whole JavaScript background. Both
languages have flexible string handling, and very similar constructs!

One thing I love about Revolution, though, is chunk expressions and how
flexible they are. One way you could express what you want, for example, is
to say:

set the itemdelimiter to tab
put "Hello" into item (x + 1) of fld "Field"

...which obviates the need for a repeat loop altogether. Makes up for
JavaScript's ability to do "math" on strings :)

"Jared Smith" <smith.sgt at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:e6964fe60606172203u600d8a3era624cfdb162168a6 at mail.gmail.com...