Laptop diary tool in REV - Glyphs

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 03:39:51 EDT 2006

WOW!

Re the possibility of coloured glyphs (and glyph design in general) I would refer those interested to :

http://www.symbolworld.org/

I would also recommend a close reading of the Third Voyage of Lemuel Gulliver by Jonathan Swift where there is an explanation of the effects of cognitive overload.

I would also like to point out, as a person who has worked for some 7 years in the Arabic world, that one of the dangers of using glyphs (especially the non-abstract kind) is their cultural dependency; or, to put it mopre directly:

Who ever heard of a house that was not round?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006