Reordering lists with drag n' drop

Jared Smith smith.sgt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 00:55:18 EDT 2006

I'm wondering what the easiest way is to implement this feature. I
have a normal list field with items that I'd like to be able to click
and drag up or down.

I'm contemplating using mouseDown to grab them and, upon mouseUp,
measure which line it is closest to and move it. I'd also need to come
up with some animation effect to show the user where it'll go before
they release. I wish this functionality was included, but anyway if
anyone can think of a real easy way to do it, please let me know.