open a palette window over a modal window under OS 9

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Jun 12 13:02:34 EDT 2006

Hi Chris,

This is not bug. In fact, I am very happy that this works properly in
Mac OS 9. There is no workaround that is practible and complies with
Apple's GUI rules. In every operating system, an application should
halt while a modal dialog is open, until the dialog closes.

I suggest you just accept that the Help window is not available, as
Mac OS 9 users would be surprised if they could access the Help
window while a modal dialog is open. They would consider it a bug in
your software.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and
get full control of error handling in Revolution.

Op 12-jun-2006, om 18:38 heeft Chris Sheffield het volgende geschreven: