Ubuntu 6.0.6 and AIFF files

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sat Jun 10 19:03:45 EDT 2006

Richmond,
Just a suggestion, why not have a custom command/function to handle playing audio in your stack script. That way when you run into trouble, you just have to adapt the routine in your stack and not 200 buttons.

button:
get myPlay(the label of me) --e.g. "Suspicious minds"

stack:
function myPlay tfile
global gSoundPath --path to the sound folder
put gSoundPath & tfile & ".aif" into tfile
set the filename of player 1 to tfile
start player 1
etc.
end myPlay

As for converting 200 soundfiles, I did it very quickly using QTAmateur. See this post:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-December/072853.html

QTAmateur has a batch convert function that's really easy to use.
cheers,
tm