Problem with declaring local variables

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Jun 10 10:56:30 EDT 2006

Hi Erik,

>> there is absolutely nothing
>> to be gained by
>> declaring a handler local variable unless one
>> uses explicitVariables.
>
> you can set the order in which they appear in VW.
> you can see at a glance what to look for.

I'm not seeing that here:

on mouseUp
	local xValue
	local aValue
	put 4 into aValue
	put 6 into zValue -- undeclared
	put zValue+aValue into wValue -- undeclared
	put wValue div 2 into xValue
end mouseUp

Set debug mode and run handler.  Variable Watcher lists:

	aValue
	wValue
	xValue
	zValue

Obviously, they are ordered alphabetically, and I see nothing to
indicate some were declared and some weren't.

Is there a debug option I'm missing?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company