CloseField

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 03:14:57 EDT 2006

On 6/9/06, Hershel Fisch <hershrev at realtorsgroup.us> wrote:

> Hi all its very interesting why in a situation like this the next fld
> selected would be the first fld in the card and not the next one in order?
> on closeField
>   answer "a" with "b" or "c"
>   if it is "c" then
>     beep
>   end if
> end closeField

Excellent explanation as to why by Jacque.  As for a work around, in
'simple'* situations I find that :

select before text of field "theFieldYoudExpectTheCursorToGoTo"

in an appropriate place will achieve the desired result.

*This works for me on cards that don't have groups. On cards with lots of
fields and groups and sub-groups I can end up with multiple fields which
appear 'selected' and have a cursor in them. Usually only one is flashing
correctly, the others are either not flashing or flashing irregularly. I
haven't quiet figured this out yet:-(

HTH