Legacy format from code.

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Fri Jun 9 02:29:04 EDT 2006

hi

Started my first serious project with the 2.7.x series last week & have
to say 2.7.2 seems almost as stable as 2.6.1 :)

The project is a simple 6-card CMS which dynamically creates the static
files for the clients site from HTML templates.. great, easy stuff to do
in rev... in fact, the interface & 99% functionality is complete.

My question relates to controlling the save format of stacks from a
standalone. The "Whats_New.txt" mentions some control thru the IDE ...

Choice of stack file version when saving

In Studio and Enterprise editions, you can now choose to save a stack in
one
of two formats:
   'Revolution Stack'
and
   'Legacy Revolution Stack'
This will result in the stack being saved in 2.7 and 2.4 format
respectively.

... Because I want to create a 2.4 rev data stack for use with my search
engine for the site & currently because there is no 2.7.x version of Rev
for Linux I can't use 2.7 stacks with the CGI stuff.

Had a quick look for a flag or command to control this from code (which
would be handy) but haven't found anything.

Any ideas?

My options so far:
1. Move to a windows-based webhost (nnnoooo!!!)
2. Re-write rev CGI search code to work with text files (aarrgghh!)
3. Wait for 2.7.x version of rev (unfortunately i wanna knock this job
over early next week)

regards
alex