Layering QT Players

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jun 8 00:46:59 EDT 2006

Recently, Bridger Maxwell wrote:

> For one of my programs I needed to create a card with a movie that has two
> different motions that can move independently of each other.  To create this
> effect I used two QT players and layered them, but they aren't acting how I
> expected them to.  When the one on the top layer is not playing, then it
> disappears beneath the other player.  If they are both playing then the
> player on the top layer get very buggy and unstable, so it reverts back and
> forth from being visible to not being visible.  I think I might be able to
> solve this problem or think of an alternate solution if I just knew a little
> more about the player object.

The only way that players can truly be "layered" is by setting the
alwaysBuffer property of each player to true.  Doing so usually reduces
performance but you might want to give this shot. However, since you are
already experiencing lowered performance, you may want to look at another
solution that perhaps utilizes only one player.  Sorry I don't have a better
suggestion.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director