audioclips and playstopped

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Tue Jun 6 09:45:18 EDT 2006

I am having difficulty getting the playstopped message to be recorded
on a regular basis while playing audioclips. I've got a stack with a
few dozen pages in it. As the user is taken from card to card, a new
audio file is played after OPENCARD. Once that audioclip has been
played, the system should automatically advance the user to the next
card. To do that, I am watching for the PLAYSTOPPED message. But it
is not reliable (and I don't know why.. I've not seen any particular
pattern. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't).

I need to find another way to automatically advance from card to
card. Suggestions?

I thought maybe I could determine the duration of the audioclip
before it started to play, then use the SEND command (just before
playing the audioclip) to advance to the next card once that duration
had been reached, but I see no way to determine the duration of an
audioclip (other than hard-coding it).

Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies