Linux installation

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Mon Jun 5 19:24:01 EDT 2006

Bob Warren wrote:

What I am going to do later on today is to take an Ubuntu Gnome Rev
standalone I have created, load up the latest Kubuntu live CD, and see
whether it runs. I'll let you know what happens.

Another experiment I could do later is to make sure I include libraries
in my Gnome Rev standalone that I know do not exist in KDE, and see
whether that runs.

------------------------------------
Mark (Wieder):

I have just conducted 2 experiments using Rev standalone programs that
were created in Ubuntu:

1. My Picture Chooser Widget
	(see http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/stacks.htm)

2. A new app consisting of a window and all the script/data base
support 	libraries available in the standalone settings

They both ran perfectly in Kubuntu Live.

Apart from possibly including external libraries (which I presume is the
aim of the "externals" folder now accompanying Rev standalones), do you
have any other type of Rev standalone you think is worth testing? If so,
please send me the stack from Kubuntu and I'll try making a standalone
in Ubuntu and running it in Kubuntu, or if you prefer, send me a
standalone from Kubuntu and I'll se whether it runs OK in Ubuntu, or
none of the above if you are already fed up with this thread!!.

Thanks,
Bob