Random Hotspot location

SupermanSlyr at aol.com SupermanSlyr at aol.com
Mon Jun 5 04:38:48 EDT 2006

I'm sure this is easier than I think, but I seem to be having some  trouble.
I have a relatively simple program in mind. Imagine an image with  multiple
hot spots that have been labeled with letters. I desire to make a  program with
an image pointer that randomly selects a word or phrase from a text  file, and
then spells it out on the image where the corresponding letters are on  the
background image. So, to clarify there are two images: one image is the
background (The one with all the letters), the second is the pointer image  (Which
points to the letter). Think of an Ouija board (Only without the board).  I'd
also like to move the pointer around and select random letters. Maybe it's  the
random stuff that keeps throwing me off. What's so frustrating is I know
it's possible. And it genuinely sounds very simple. What would be the best way
to define the hot spots on the image? And how can I get the random moving
pointer to work right? Any thoughts, pointers, or assistance on this project  will
be greatly appreciated.