I am glad I can donate something

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Sun Jun 4 18:59:34 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Perhaps some of you have occasionaly seen my name on this list, asking
some, somtimes "dumb", question, but I read the list with much interest.
So you might say I am a lurker. (God I hate that word)
Well I have learned an awfull lot of you all and I feel it's time to
give
something back.

I give you all ...   ...  drum roll  ...   ...    "2Gather".

I have uploaded a screenshot and the link to download it to
my userspace "claudi" under the categorie general.
You can also just download it from:
www.cc-imaginering.nl/runrev/2Gather/2Gather.rev.zip
(This way I can keep track if there is interrest)

2Gather is an outliner. It's quite standard except that each entry can
have a text / an image / and audio data
all at the same time.

I know it works quite well on my mac, since I am using it as a
standalone to document
all my programming and quite some other stuff as well.
It started out as a tmplt/exercise for apps that use documents to save
data.
Things surely can take strange turn. Anyway, it's not finished or
polished. It's more like
a sketchbook. Me learning rev (long ago I used to dabble in hypercard)
and trying
to get to grips with this strange and wonderfull world of revolution.
So there are a lot of ideas embedded in it just to get the hang of it.
(how to handel documents with the same name, how to work with menus,
how to have a good text menu, a window menu, preferences, etc).
Unfortunatly it's not much documented, and probably it's part englisch
and part
dutch, I have not looked at the code for a while. It's in the same
state as I compiled
it last (quite some month ago).  If there is enough interest
I might be able to fix that, although that might take a while and I
spend all
my time on something new.

Anyway see it as a strange and somewhat coherent set of
thoughts/routines.
I am not a programmer but I do programming and now with my acquired
knowledge am gonna try to create something much more complex than
a basic outliner. Ideas, data, creativity is much more three dimensional
than a 2 dimensional outliner and human behaviour and thought is also
much more fluid and flexible than outliners or minmaps can offer. (at
least
all the outliners I have seen and I have seen a lot of them and they
just
don't come close)

Well I hope some of you might find 2Gather or some of it's code usefull
in
some way, you are all free to do with it as you please / like / deem
neccesary
or just for fun. On the other hand, of course, I can't take any
responsability
for any damage this code may cause in any way, Use it at youre own risk.
The name, the creator codeand the extension I keep reserved for my own
use however.

So, I hope someone finds some good use for this and perhaps next
time you see my name on the list I will be a bit less of a stranger.

Best wishes and happy coding you all,
  Claudi