Unsupported Feature: iconMenu

dreamscapesoftware.com - List list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sun Jun 4 14:01:19 EDT 2006

Has anyone spent some time working on the new unsupported features: the iconMenu and iconMenuPick?

I'm having difficulty understanding the syntax in which "iconMenu" accepts menu items.  I can setup the following, which does product a properly formatted menu, but doesn't return messages.

set the iconMenu to "New" &cr& "Open" &cr& "Close"

The syntax listed in the "What's New" file is listed as the following, but I cannot understand it, nor can I even figure out how to make it work.

  Menu: Item *
  Item: [ tab * ] [ '(' ] Label [ '|' Tag ] 'n'
  Label: any sequence of characters not including 'n' or '|'
  Tag: any sequence of characters not including 'n'

The best I've been able to come up with is the following, but it only seems to work for 1 menu item, and actually results in a message.

set the iconMenu to "New|theMessage"

Anyone have any idea on how to get a multi-item menu that sends a message back for each item?  Thanks

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/