snapshot and imageData...

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 4 09:06:33 EDT 2006

Mark,

My original goal was to get the imagedata of a snapshot as fast
as possible.
I first tried with "import snapshot" but realized that it didn't
produce any valid imageData.
Then I thought that may be creating a 2nd image and putting
the image content of the snapshot into the 2nd image would
create a valid imagedata... But it doesn't... unless you first
create a tRect variable for the rect of the snapshot...

And finally, I use JPEG because I don't need any transparency,
although I just realized that PNG versions of screenshots have
a smaller size than JPEGs, but the process is also somewhat
longer, and I need to do it as fast as possible...

BTW, could someone explain why the tRect variable needs to
be created before executing "import snapshot" in order to get a
valid imagedata ?
I'm probably dumb, but I really don't get it...

Best,
JB