Linux installation

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jun 3 15:09:51 EDT 2006

Bob-

Friday, June 2, 2006, 11:46:02 AM, you wrote:

> Further to what I have just said, if you are enthusiastic, you could
> look at what you have installed in Synaptic, and if the shared libraries
>   libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 are there but have not been installed, you could
> try installing them. Or if they are there, they might need upgrading
> (see right click of the mouse button on the library name for this
> option). Just a thought.

I don't want to prolong this on the list because it's starting to get
a bit off-topic, but I just want to mention that you have the gtk
libraries installed by default because they're part of the gnome
desktop. They're not necessary in kde, so you'll get that error about
the shared library not being found *unless* you specify that the gtk
is a required install under kde before running your app.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net