How to fill in the Database Query Builder?

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert R.Venzl-Schubert at t-online.de
Sat Jun 3 02:17:14 EDT 2006

Hi!

I just go my first steps in using database with Revolution.
I bought a license von SQLite from Altuit and created my first
database "AppReg3.db"

Then I created a stack and want to build a database query with the
Database Query Builder.
I studied the User Guide and the appropriated video but I cannot
connect to the db.
Whatever I tried I got the message:

There was an error in connecting to the database.
Please check that the connection fields are correct.
Revdb error: revdberr, invalid database type

Please give me a little help to fill in correctly:

Name:        Query 1
Type:          altSQLite3
Host:           ?
Database:  ?
User:            my emailadress that I used to create the AppReg3.db
Password:  my password that I used to create the AppReg3.db

The database is located in the folder "/Applications/Revolution
Studio/2.7.1-gm-1"
The stack is located in the folder "/Users/rvs/Documents/My
Revolution Studio/Programme"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The script I created the AppReg3.db is:

on mouseUp
     global gConID
     put revdb_connect("sqlite3","AppReg3.db",,,,,"schubert at t-
online.de","XXxxXXxxxXxxXX") into tConID
     if tConID is "" then
         answer warning "Problem creating or accessing database!"
     else
         answer information "AppReg Connected! Your connection ID is:
" & tConID
         put tConID into gConID
     end if
end mouseUp

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The script I created the table is:

on handleRevDBerror p
   switch
   case item 1 of p is "revdberr"
     return "revDB Error: " & p
     break
   case "syntax error" is in p
     return "Database Error: " & p
     break
   end switch
end handleRevDBerror

on mouseUp
     global gConID
     if gConID is "" then
         answer information "No Database is Connected to, please go
back 1 step and connect to the Database!"
         exit mouseUp
     end if
     put "CREATE TABLE Karten_Daten(KarteID integer primary key,Frage
text,Antwort text)" into tSQL
     put revdb_execute(gConID,tSQL) into tTmp
     handleRevDBerror tTmp
     if the result is not empty then
         answer warning the result
         exit mouseUp
     end if
     answer information "Number of Tables Added: " & tTmp
end mouseUp

Thanks
Reinhold Venzl-Schubert