[ANN] libIMEDTreeManager - The Tree Manager & Tree Field Control

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 31 17:47:29 EDT 2006

corvideon seamus wrote:

> Hmm... I was looking at purchasing this very seriously until I saw that there
> was a per seat royalty type license. That is no use to someone who is trying
> to sell software online to a mass market.
>
> Maybe you should have a reseller/isv license too?

A flat-fee license would be helpful.  For the developer, seat fees are
cumbersome to keep track of, adding overhead to the purchase price.  For
the component publisher (which was my main business for many years in
the '90s) they're impossible to enforce, and in my experience just
introduce complexity into the sales conversation.

My clients have no trouble paying any reasonable flat-fee for quality
components, but those which add ongoing overhead to accounting are less
attractive.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal