Simple mysql tool?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Jul 31 17:22:00 EDT 2006

You could try CocoaMySQL on Mac:

http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net/

Or, when our databases got too big to backup through a browser, I
wrote a text script, ssh'ed into the server and popped it in the
"daily" folder so it would run automatically every day:

mysqldump --user=db_username --password=swordfish --opt db_name > /
home/acct_name/db_bus/db_name.dump
zip /home/acct_name/db_bus/db_name.$(date +%F).zip /home/dvcreato/
db_bus/db_name.dump

It is really cool, it creates a new backup file every day with the
date on it.

The only caveat is that the backups will eventually eat up all the
space on your server, so you need to download and delete them
periodically!

Cheers

Josh