VB COM in Revolution?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jul 28 16:03:40 EDT 2006

Alex-

> rev <--> vbScript <--> COM    may be the easiest way - but it's not the only way.

> I use rev <--(sockets)--> Python  <---> COM to manage my iTunes player

Well, I meant to say "without creating an external library", but it
looks like Alex even managed to come up with Yet Another Way To Do It.
While you can probably count on vbscript being available on target
systems, while Python is something that needs to be installed, so
unless you're just writing something for yourself, this is something
that needs to be taken into account.

The communication model is probably

rev <--> (something.else.that.can.talk.to.COM.objects) <--> COM

For some projects you need to decide whether it's worth continuing in
rev or whether the proper model is simply

(something.else.that.can.talk.to.COM.objects) <--> COM

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net