Text to Speech on XP

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Fri Jul 28 11:47:09 EDT 2006

I think he is referring to using revspeech.dll or
revspeechapi4.dll.  Microsoft, in there infinite wisdom, change the API
from version 4 to version 5 of TTS.  I see in 2.7.2 it appears that the
api4.dll is no longer shipped, so maybe it is not longer a problem.

It used to be if you were using Windows TTS 4 you had to rename
revspeechapi4.dll to revspeech.dll (and the original revspeech.dll  to
something else) and use that instead.