RLE

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Jul 27 22:04:06 EDT 2006

On 28/7/06 00:50, Dar Scott wrote:
>> For the record, I'm pretty certain that isn't Utah RLE, but a very
>> very very
>> much simpler format.  Take a look at it and see.
>
> How can I if it is internal?  Or do you mean Utah?  Yeah, if Utah was
> simple, I would have just run the experiment.

function dumpHex tData, iBytesPerRow --> tHex
   put empty into tHex
   put 0 into n
   repeat for each char c in tData
     put format("%02x ", chartonum(c)) after tHex
     add 1 to n
     if n mod iBytesPerRow = 0 then put return after tHex
   end repeat
   return tHex
end dumpHex

Get a copy of the beachball cursor, force it to be RLE (set the global
paintCompression to rle, set the imagedata of the image to itself, change
card) then try
	put dumpHex(the imageData of image 1, 64)
and
	put dumpHex(the text of image 1, 5)

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866