RLE

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 27 18:44:11 EDT 2006

The impression I get from several comments on this list is that I can
drop "RLE" data into an image (and it work).

Is this a homemade RLE format that Scott made?  Or is this a standard
Like the Utah RLE?  If a standard, are only certain options allowed?

What are the details on this format?  Can I make one and set the text
of an image to it?  Can this be exported?

I found Utah RLE here:

     http://www.martinreddy.net/gfx/2d/RLE.txt

Long, long ago I knew a kid who ran into the house the night after
getting his glasses and called out "Mommy, mommy!  There really are
stars!"

I'm having trouble believing that this legendary RLE exists.

Dar Scott