Setting the allowInterrupts

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:34:32 EDT 2006

On 7/27/06, Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:
> There was a discussion about this a few weeks ago. In the latest
> release of rev, 2.7.2, the allowInterrupts global property is set to
> false by default, instead of true as the docs state. I thought I read
> in the discussion that there is a preference setting to change this.
> It that true, or did I just dream it? Because I can't find a place to
> set it other than doing it each time I launch Rev in the message box
> or hacking the IDE scripts.

Hi Devin,

I wrote a plugin recently that allows you to set any properties or run
script snippets on startup. It's what I use to get around this
problem.

You can download it here <http://www.troz.net/Rev/plugins/Starter.rev.gz>

Here's the blurb:

Starter.rev
This plugin is designed to run whenever you start up Revolution,
setting global properties or running script snippets to set up
Revolution as you like it. It was inspired by the fact that in Rev
2.7.x, allowInterrupts is set to false by default, meaning you cannot
escape from infinite loops :-)

HTH,
Sarah