Looking for Offline mail list reader

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 15:07:56 EDT 2006

on Tue, 25 Jul 2006
Viktoras Didziulis wrote:

> I once had a similar idea. Planned to work on
> this some time in the future.
> But as far as now I am overloaded with other jobs,
> I see no reason why not to share this with public,
> maybe someone could use it for good ;-)

> Software idea No 1. listserv reader.
[snip]
> Software idea No 2.
[snip]

Hi Viktoras,

These are great ideas, but i was looking for
something more direct like this:

1- download all the monthly digest compressed
as Gzip files from:
http://mail.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/

2-Create a stack that:
a)read every downloaded mail digest
b)make indexes of subjects,developers and words
c)store a compressed copy of:
the mail digest and these 3 indexes within a stack.
d)browse, search and display information from
these compressed digests, stored locally in stacks.
All this, without accessing the internet.

i already have a stack that does some of these
functions, but i feel it's not ready for posting
in this mail list.

Thanks for answering my request!

alejandro

Visit my site: