Why is the imagedata value different from Win32 to MacOS

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jul 26 11:53:25 EDT 2006

On 7/26/06 5:45 AM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> Yep, I believe Ian is correct in his assumption about gamma and
> imageData. Interestingly, I checked both PNG and JPG and found, as you
> did, the imageData different from one platform to the next.

I was just checking my old "understanding imagedata" tip, and found that
prior to the MC 2.4.3 engine, the byte order was *reversed* on Windows
(BGRO) vs Mac (ORGB). This was fixed after 2.4.3, but is it possible that
with all the new image features and modularizing the code, that this has
come back?

I haven't had a chance to verify this, but perhaps someone else can?

For more info, see the second yellow box at:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/imag003orig.htm

vs. the "current" tip at:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/imag003.htm

Ken Ray