More Imagedata Issues

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jul 26 10:58:30 EDT 2006

All,

I've spent a little time this morning trying to further reduce the
scope of my ignorance...

1.  I created a stack and imported the wininfo.gif and wininfo2.gif
images from the Rev Image Library, and duplicated the first
     From the Message Box, "(the text of image 3) = (the text of image
1)" puts true

2. set the imageData of image 3 to the imageData of image 2
     From the Message Box, "(the text of image 3) = (the text of image
1)" puts false

3. set the imageData of image 3 to the imageData of image 1
     From the Message Box, "(the text of image 3) = (the text of image
1)" puts FALSE

So pardon the ramblings of an ignorant foole; but isn't the crux of
the issue the fact that people must work with imageData because there
is no editor for rle format images?

If I want to create/edit JPEGs, gifs, PICTs, etc., there are tools to
do so.  If I understood Jeanne correctly, people edit imageData
because it is easier than attempting to manipulate rle-format.

Lacking an rle editor, an imageData to rle format converter would
allow the user to work with imageData but reset the image text
instead of the imageData.

In my personal version of Revolution, imageData would be read-only.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company