Thanks for purchasing Valentina for Revolution

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 26 08:00:33 EDT 2006

On 7/26/06 1:47 PM, "Jeffrey S. Close" <jeff at aboi.com> wrote:

Hi Jeffrey,

> Ruslan Zasukhin,
>
> First, it is nice to see the same name that I saw five years ago when I first
> purchased Valentina for Revolution Professional.

Thank you.

> Second, I heard about Valentina from a Runtime Revolution employee back in
> 2001.

ok

> Third, we have upgraded to RunRev Version 2.7.2 Enterprise.  Our particular
> concern at this time is to become Macintosh - Intel compatible.

We already have Valentina for Revolution as Universal Binary as 2.4 beta
builds...

You can find them here:
    http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/beta

> We understand that the 2.0 version of Valentina for Revolution Studio
> (essentially the same as Revolution Enterprise) will allow us to update our
> Level One versions of Valentina to Level Two.

Yes, exists method db.Convert_1_2
Exists example how todo this.
Also possible use Valentina Studio for this.

> We originally bought Valentina for Reolution Professional in 2001 and had a
> free upgrade in 2003, I believe.

> One question, it is not clear to me as to the number of years that we are
> entitled to fee upgrades.  I think the web site said 2/4 which did not mean
> much to me.

Actually 2-4 years upgrades this is for VDN products.

    Valentina for Developer Network - give you a lots of goods
    and the main - Embedded Valentina Server with royalty free distribution.

You have purchase in 2001 Valentina for Revolution, but not VDN.

You did have free upgrades few years just because Paradigma have not made
PAID upgrades often. We do not like companies which force people pay and pay
and pay. :-)

> Lastly, while in 2001 it took a lot to develop a Valentina database, we hope
> the impovements in RunRev will make this easier and we can safely say that
> Valentina has operated without a glitch for the past five years.  We are very
> pleased.

Nice to hear.

Well, Valentina 2 - has much more features then 1.x.
Much Much Much better SQL that follow SQL92 standard 100% + more.

And latest 2.4 betas introduce support of REVDB API. So if you will want you
can use it. Choice up to you.

> We thought Valentina was incredibly fast, but if Level Two is even faster -
> great!

Seems to be faster :-)

In April we have introduce new algorithm of join for 2 tables. 100+ times
faster then old was.

In May-June - new algorithm of indexing for numeric values - also about 100
times faster then old.

In begin of August I hope to implement that join algorithm for N tables
joins.

> Looking forward to your Version 2.4 as we want to go Mac Intel native soon.

FYI - 2.4 release should be in nearest days actually.

This WIKI page expose current state of our own tests of our Examples and
Test projects for all languages that Valentina support.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vserver:adk_tests:adk_tests

--
Best regards,