Why is the imagedata value different from Win32 to MacOS platforms?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jul 25 16:07:06 EDT 2006

Joel,

The big endian, little endian byte-order issue between platforms went
away back in 2.2. I used to have to check for it before doing any
imageData manipulation. I no longer have to.

I don't think the imagedata has changed, and my thought would be to
check and make sure the images are set to their respective
formattedHeight and formattedWidth BEFORE checking the imageData.

The text of an image IS different the the imageData of the same image,
at the same resolution. Not sure why this is, but I doubt handlers
created for manipulating the bits of imageData would work manipulating
the bits of the text of an image.

Joel, please check to make sure the images you are testing have the
same width and height. If they do, then let us know and I'll do some
further tests to see if I can help provide an answer.

I hope this helps.
-Chipp