"There Was a Problem Saving the Standalone Application"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jul 24 21:46:39 EDT 2006

At 3:18 AM -0500 7/23/2006, Chipp Walters wrote:
>Ctrl-click on a trackpad requires two fingers, one to press the
>control-key, the other to hold-down the mouseKey at the bottom of the
>trackpad, meanwhile the other hand works moving the cursor over the
>trackpad to choose the correct menu item. I suppose for young large
>hands, it would work just fine, but my fingers would get tired awful
>fast trying to contort regularly that way.

We're wandering way off topic here, but most people who use a
trackpad do one of these, to my observation:

1. Use the index finger to move the pointer, the thumb to press the
trackpad button, and the left hand to press modifier keys (if they
need one). The side of the thumb falls naturally over the button when
your index finger is moving over the trackpad.

2. Turn on the clickable trackpad, and use the index finger to move
the pointer and to click, drag, and double-click.

Using both hands just for ordinary clicking - one to move the pointer
and the other to press the trackpad button - seems extremely
difficult to me, and it wouldn't surprise me if someone who tried to
use a trackpad that way gave up on it altogether and fled to the
mouse in disgust. My right hand is cramping up just visualizing it.
;-) You might, probably would, find one of the above methods easier.

(I myself use SideTrack and have the trackpad configured for
clickability, and the trackpad button configured for control-click,
which means I use only index finger and thumb. The corner I use the
least is configured for command-click [which my browser uses for
"open this link in a new tab", so I need it a lot].)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com