[OT] Of Mac Right Clicks (was Re: "There Was a Problem Saving the Standalone Application")

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Sun Jul 23 18:35:55 EDT 2006

On 23/7/06 23:26, Bill Vlahos wrote:
> There is a new feature in Mac OS X 10.4.7. Put 2 fingers on the trackpad
> and click the button for a right click. Its a brilliant way to overcome
> what I considered a shortcoming of a one button laptop. In fact, I like
> it better than having two buttons.

Billl, can you tell me more?  The loss of the right button is what I hate most
about using my PB on airplanes - I have 10.4.7 (on a sufficiently late model
Aluminium PowerBook to have the two-fingered scrolling), but this doesn't seem
to do anything for me, nor can I see anything in the control panel.  Is this
only in MacBooks?

BTW for others, while I'd still welcome a faster solution, I find the
control-click solution so awkward that I generally prefer to just hold down
the trackpad button for a longer time, which in most apps (I'm not sure if
it's a system thing, a Cocoa thing, or just a convention) will eventually
pop-up a contextual menu.

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866