Imagedata row order

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jul 23 10:46:50 EDT 2006

Jacque:

>>Do you use imageData a lot? I know the crashes I had were because
>>the imageData was wrong, but in your experience is this generally a
>>stable technique for repeated use?

Moi:

>The image's TEXT property contains the binary data that comprises the image.

I am presently testing the first version of SDB to support storage
and retrieval of binary data [in this case a signature created using
Rev's pencil tool].  I store and reset ONLY the TEXT property of the
signature image.  I've now repeated this dozens of times with no
problems.

>The image's imageData property contains a binary representation of
>the image AS IT IS CURRENTLY DISPLAYED.

Rev Dictionary notes that using the imageData of an image displayed
at less-than-full size as the source of another image causes a loss
of image detail.  Even at full size, I presume the imageData shows
the image at 72 dpi of my screen, not the 250 dpi resolution of the
image's TEXT.  If so, simply storing the imageData somewhere and
using it in a new image (or in resetting the existing image) causes a
loss of image detail.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company