need help with accept connections from terminal.

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jul 22 19:01:57 EDT 2006

On Jul 22, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> anyone here have a clue why a stack is able to accept connections
> when run from the IDE but it simply will not when run from a
> transcript shell command. When run from terminal, netstat reports
> that it is indeed opening the socket and listening but connection
> never happens. This is revolution 2.6.2

OS?  You mentioned terminal.

On OS X, you will be limited to an earlier version for the command-
line Rev you run from shell?

So, you execute shell() running the old command-line rev, the IDE
hangs waiting for something, you go to Terminal and do a netstat and
see the listener?  Are you sure it is command-line version that is
listening?

There is a bug (828) that allows multiple accepts to be open to the
same port or host name.  You might have some left over from debugging
in the IDE.  If you close one, you don't know which one you are closing.

Try ResetAll.

If I didn't get what your are doing, I'll try to pay better attention.

Dar Scott