Error uploading file in Windows: this looks like a bug, please confirm...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jul 22 16:45:51 EDT 2006

Ton-

Friday, July 21, 2006, 11:45:18 PM, you wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response, but to bad...
> There are no spaces in the username or password and I have full
> access to the server.
> Using put ("ftp://") & "user:password at servername/wwwroot/
> Schedule.html" into url vURL now creates an empty file in the correct
> location, but no data is in it.

> Also creating the file locally and then uploading it to the ftp
> server doesn't work, creating the file in the root directory of the
> FTP server and then moving it to the correct location creates an
> empty file as well...

> Can anyone reproduce this on Windows? On the Mac it works fine...

I just tried it again to make sure, and it does indeed work fine for
me on win2k. What are you using for an ftp server? You mention that
"you" have full access to the server, but are the ftp user permissions
set that way as well? What is the ftp user's home directory set to?
Are you sure there's actual data in variable vHTML?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net