Imagedata row order

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 21 19:17:00 EDT 2006

On Jul 21, 2006, at 4:07 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> But now I'm curious. My first attempt created an incomplete set of
> pixels that didn't fill the image completely, but how come it
> wrapped by itself? That got me to wondering how imagedata gets
> applied. Is it supposed to just go along in rows until it hits the
> edge of the image object and then wrap itself around? If so, what I
> saw wasn't doing that.

I assume you are using 4 bytes per pixel with no lf or spaces in
between.

You might want to check the height & width and formattedHeight &
formattedWidth.

Also, I have seen cases when funny things happen when the total size
is not as expected.  It goes completely wacko.

That may be why I clear the image and set the height and width before
setting the imageData.  Or is it set height & width, then clear the
data?  Or maybe...

Dar