DreamHost In-Depth (was Re: Dreamhost?)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 21 18:33:31 EDT 2006

Dan Shafer wrote:
> In general, I love Dreamhost. I recommend it. But I will say that when I
> compare notes with my colleagues who are on other plans (granted, for the
> most part more expensive plans) their reports of downtime are significantly
> less than mine. Just check out http://www.dreamhostsupport.com for the past
> few days and see the kinds of nightmares at least most Dreamhost users have
> had to put up with.

When I saw how far below market averages Dreamhost was priced I was
curious about how they could afford to do that.  Now maybe we see.

I've been using TierraNet for almost a decade for running Rev CGIs with
hardly a hiccup in all those years.  Sure, it costs more, but the live
human support is excellent in the few times I've needed it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal