Error uploading file in Windows

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jul 21 15:53:22 EDT 2006

Ton-

Friday, July 21, 2006, 8:37:08 AM, you wrote:

> I have a problem when uploading a file to an FTP server...
> I developed on OS-X, in the IDE on the Mac this works fine:

>      put "ftp://user:password@servername/wwwroot/Schedule.html" into
> vURL
>      put vHTML into url vURL

> But when I do this in the Windows IDE I get the error "501 missing
> parameter in command user" in the result.

I don't know why you're getting a user error (you don't have spaces in
the user name, do you?), but I think you will have a problem once you
get past that obstacle - I don't believe you will have access to the
wwwroot folder from an ftp connection, unless you've set that up
explicitly yourself (or have set an IIS virtual folder to point to the
actual wwwroot). When I tried this on win2k I ended up creating
another wwwroot folder inside the default ftp user folder, which then
contained the Schedule.html file.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net